Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My unit plan

For my unit plan I decided to start literacy circles or book clubs in my class. During the time that I am going to do my unit plan is during guided reading time. My teacher and the other fourth grader teacher are both doing guided reading groups with Laura and I are teaching spelling and vocabulary. Since our CT are only doing guided reading with the low student right now, the group of students that do spelling with me spend their extra time reading silently. I thought book clubs would be a good use of this time. I am a little nervous to implement these book clubs because the students have never done book clubs before. I am aware that they are going to need a lot of model in order for these to be successful. I am hoping that the students are able to reproduce what i have modeled for them and they don't just sit in their groups not talking about anything. Hopefully, these book clubs will be successful and this will be a good start and they will become even better at book clubs as they do more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment